Executive Search Research Consultant, Bedford Group Transearch
As a Research Consultant, you will be a critical member of the Bedford executive search team. For every search you are assigned, you will be part of a broader team that includes a Partner and one or more Principals, and will be responsible for identifying executives within targeted organizations which will provide the foundation for each search mandate.
Through LinkedIn, our proprietary database and other internet sources, you will leverage your problem-solving capabilities to identify names of appropriate senior executives from selected organizations. You will be relied upon for your creative ability to map targeted executives within different organizational structures as it relates to both active searches and talent mapping mandates.
As part of the search process, you will draft and prepare written client and candidate documents including job descriptions, candidate assessments, client updates and business development presentations. Additionally, you must have strong listening and communication skills, along with exercising a high degree of comfort and professionalism not only when conducting your research, but also at times of being candidate and client facing.
You will work within a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment as a proactive team player while efficiently and effectively managing multiple projects, priorities and colleague expectations. As such, we are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team who brings an investigative, curious and competitive mindset combined with excellent problem solving skills!
More specifically, the Research Consultant will be responsible for:
- Identifying potential candidates and sources via our proprietary database, LinkedIn and other internet sources
- Playing a key role in the development of a research strategy for each assignment
- Effective use of Bedford’s proprietary database to manage each search assignment through the retrieval and input of information on potential candidates and organizations
- Understanding and mapping of different organizational structures
- Adding value throughout the entire search process by providing additional research support and perspective as necessary
- Leading the development of accurate industry specific company target lists with support of the search team
- An awareness of relevant business and industry specific trends that you are able to quickly and effectively communicate to the search team
- Writing first drafts of client and candidate facing documents
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Possesses a University Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Brings 2-5 years of experience operating successfully in a research/analyst or human resources/recruitment capacity
- Ability to multitask; managing several projects, priorities and expectations for multiple stakeholders including Partners and Principals
- An inquisitive mind; an interest in current and emerging general business trends and topics
- Technically adept; a knowledge and familiarity with various Internet research tools including LinkedIn and advanced skills in Internet use are required
- Excellent organizational, communication and business writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment while concurrently paying strict attention to detail
We thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity and we will reach out only to candidates with backgrounds best suited to the mandate.