Delivering excellence in executive and board compensation strategy for four decades.
Our expertise has been honed through years of assisting clients with executive and board of director compensation reviews, cash and equity-based incentive compensation design, competitive market studies, and annual industry surveys.
Our goal is to provide our clients with sound, practical, and objective advice and guidance that ensures competitive pay practices while meeting the scrutiny of shareholders and other stakeholders.
Our success is grounded in understanding your business, your industry, and your strategy. We invest the time and the research necessary to get a clear picture of how your company intends to succeed. We then align your compensation philosophy and pay practices to ensure that you have a robust compensation program designed to support achievement of the company’s short and long term aspirations.
Executive Board & Compensation
We advise the Executive Committee and Board of Directors for public and private companies on all aspects of executive and Board renumeration:
- Salary structure and salary planning
- Annual cash incentives
- Long term incentives:
- Stock options
- Restricted Share Units (RSUs) / Performance Share Units (PSUs)
- Deferred Share Units (DSUs)
- Phantom share plans
- Long term cash plans
- Termination and Change in Control provisions
- Employee savings and share purchase plans
We assist our clients with all matters relating to compensation philosophy and policy including:
- Minimum share ownership requirements for Management and Directors
- Peer Group definition and selection
- Compensation strategy
- Performance dimensions for variable and incentive pay
- Pay element weighting (pay mix)
We advise our clients on all aspects of compensation governance including:
- The role of the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors
- The role of Directors in Executive compensation and Directors’ pay
- Annual Management Information Circular and Compensation Discussion & Analysis (CD&A) preparation
- The potential relevance of institutional investor and proxy advisor guidelines (i.e. ISS; Glass, Lewis & Co.)
In undertaking our work with clients, Bedford relies on publicly available information and proprietary data to benchmark executive and director compensation and ensure consistency with your compensation philosophy. We use this data to undertake:
- Executive and Directors’ compensation packages benchmarking
- Labour market studies to support broader-based compensation planning
- Market-leading industry surveys such as the Bedford Executive Compensation Survey for Mining